I have worked closely with several agencies based in the UK and Italy to provide transcreation projects. This service is particularly suited to advertising copy – both long-form and short-form – because it focuses on the message and communicates it in the most effective way for the new target audience.
A sample of my favourite projects:
– TV spot voice over scripts for companies that sell tuna, advertising data, and blinds.
– Poetic wine labels that capture the spirit of a remote vineyard in Sardinia.
– Press releases announcing new collections for prestigious fashion houses.
– Video scripts featuring interior designers promoting their work.
– Brochures and product descriptions for interior design companies.
– Landing pages for a tourist destination in Italy.
The standard process for transcreation work is to provide three versions of the copy, a literal translation into Italian, and commentary explaining creative and strategic decisions.